People lately have been talking a lot about the need to keep everything natural and all organic. I learned about the benefits of coconut oil for natural hair growth. We all love ourselves to want the finer things in life. Organic has become a new world order. Walk with me on this journey of self-discovery on the same issue. Natural products are user-friendly as they have no effects on the body in any way. This is because they are produced by plants in our environment. Mother Nature has a beautiful way of taking care of us. I love my hair a lot and that got me thinking about what would be the best products to associate with that are easily accessible over the convenient stores.
There has been a lot of chatter about coconut oil as it is abundantly available on the tropical areas of this land. Coconut oil is available both in its sweet natural smell or odourless depending on one’s preference. A lot has been said about its medicinal value as well as aesthetic value. Interestingly this is a plant that is a fruit, a nut and a seed. I mean how much healthier could its oil be?
1. Its major ability to fight dandruff on our scalp. This will need regular application as well to aid in this problem. This is due to the anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of the oil. Dandruff can embarrass someone when they are within their social circles as there is the urge to scratch the scalp.
2. To stimulate hair growth, regularly massage the scalp with coconut oil. Massaging the scalp stimulates blood flow which in turns promotes growth due to circulation. Massaging the scalp also helps to relax the mind which will give you a lovely attitude to match your beautiful hair.
3. Coconut oil penetrates in deeply into the scalp and rebuilds the hair follicle. This helps the hair to retain moisture, as the oil is not easily broken or evaporated. Retaining the moisture gives your hair that daily shine and beautiful build that will always be the envy of everyone. Moisture also allows the hair to have that beautiful bounce that we all look for as women in our hair.
4. Coconut itself is compounded as a fibrous one-seeded drupe. It has the benefits of fruit, a seed and a nut. This means that once the oil is extracted, it is full of essential nutrients. Some of the nutrients are Vitamin E, K and Iron. This is nutrients that we can obtain from our normal foods but coconut oil allows us to directly apply to our scalp. Our scalp thus directly benefits. This is more like feeding our scalps a nutritious diet. The aftereffect is soft and shiny hair.
5. Some individuals suffer from the sweating of the scalp. Some people believe that coconut oil does help to cool the scalp. This condition is sometimes referred to as a hothead.
6. Our hair deserves a little tender, love and care once in a while. Coconut oil can be used as a deep conditioner. Being a natural product, it is a safe bet compared to the synthetic conditioners available on our supermarket shelves. Warm coconut oil can be applied at night and washed the following day when being used as a conditioner. This can be repeated up to three times a week to give that gorgeous shine at the end of the day.
7. Long exposure to the sun, heat or long exposure to the cold i.e. winter can cause scalp boils. Coconut has for a long time been known as a remedy for this problem. A little olive oil can also be mixed to assist with this problem, but it is best to avoid at all by continuous use of the coconut oil for natural hair health.
8. Coconut oil can be used to create your homemade hair conditioner. Mix coconut oil with some henna and warm milk into a paste and voila, you have saved yourself some money. Apply to hair and leave it for around 10 to 20 minutes and thoroughly rinse hair and dry.
9. Coconut oil can be used as a simple hair care oil for those who have naturally dry scalp. The scalp varies in types just the same way skin types vary. This means we have to take extra care to prevent hair breakage and dry scalp which can lead to dandruff.
10. One of the greatest self-esteem killers in women is baldness and grey hair. Grey hair has been known to come hand in hand with scalp itching. To prevent this, a little mixture of the coconut oil and false daisy (species from the sunflower family). This should do the trick in easing this problem. Take the time to massage the oils well so that they infuse well and infiltrate the scalp well.
11. One of the most embarrassing pest hair conditions is the infestation of lice. No one would like to be associated with head lice or any form of lice infestation. The drugs on the counter shelves to deal with this problem are mostly harsh on the hair and scalp. One can remove the lice by combing out wet hair but this will damage the hair as well. It is a safer bet to add onto the wet hair some coconut oil which becomes much easier.
12. The reason that causes one’s hair to get damaged is because of the loss of protein. Coconut oil has a high level of lauric acid which easily penetrates the hair shaft has its light. This allows the coconut oil sustainable for pre-grooming or post grooming of hair.
13. A naturally available hair detangler is coconut oil. Once you have applied the oil into the hair, comb it out or brush it out to give it a smooth and soft finish. Coconut oil is 100% natural and organic so it will not leave any residue or long term damage. The oil will nourish your hair all day long and this is why coconut oil for natural hair growth is best.
14. Hair colours have always been known to be harsh on the hair and can easily cause hair breakage. Coconut oil can be used as a base for hair colouring. The coconut oil has been known to penetrate more deeply and faster than many other natural oils which helps to keep the colour more vibrant and does not fade easily.